Austin takes a grand adventure to Cheyenne Bottoms and Quivira National Wildlife Refuge, while Tim attempts to identify a bird from recent photographs. Thrilling suspense is in store for our listening audience. This is episode 7 of the Back Porch Birding Podcast.
- I just don’t understand birds and the weather.
- I am now seeing scissor-tailed flycatchers in FULL color like crazy!
Get into Austin’s travels
- Birds identified
- Lifers: Ruddy Duck, Eared Grebe, Snowy Plover, Black-necked Stilt, American Bittern, American Avocet, Long-billed Dowitcher, Willet, Yellow-headed Blackbird
- Didn’t see: Whooping Crane, Sandhill Crane, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
- Other highlights: Black-crowned Night-Heron, Peregrine Falcon, Tree Swallow, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Ruby-crowned Kinglet
- Shout out to worse bird pics on twitter
- @TheIneptBirder, #worstbirdpics
Identify this bird
- Goto our Facebook page to play along but don’t read the comments as someone might give away the answer
- Take a look at the photos
- Pause this episode if you want.
- Do you think you know what the bird is? Great!
Jason Ward does Tricky Bird ID on Twitter (@JasonWardNY)
- Posts not so clear bird photos and asks followers to identify the bird
- Usually follows a theme each week
- He keeps points for the first three correct answers on each post